Mar 7, 2023
What does the body of evidence say on erectile dysfunction? Plus: why was a woman in need of a heart transplant was denied the procedure, and what happens when you have advanced HIV and you catch mpox?
(2:06) Erectile dysfunction: definitions, how common it is, causes
(9:13) Erectile dysfunction: the psychological angle, figuring out what’s causing it, treatments, the blue haze effect, cardiac risk, prevention, all-natural sexual enhancers
(25:38) Transplant denial because of refusal to get vaccinated
(35:31) Mpox + advanced HIV = bad
* Theme music: “Fall of the Ocean Queen“ by Joseph Hackl
* Assistant researcher: Nicholas Koziris
To contribute to The Body of Evidence, go to our Patreon page at: http://www.patreon.com/thebodyofevidence/.
To make a one-time donation to our show, you can now use PayPal! https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=9QZET78JZWCZE
Patrons get a bonus show on Patreon called “Digressions”! Check it out!
1) The Massachusetts Male Aging Study: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/10647654/
2) Efficacy and side effects of sildenafil: https://doi.org/10.1001/archinte.162.12.1349
3) Safety of sildenafil (Viagra) after heart attack: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amjcard.2003.09.030
4) Addition of testosterone for erectile dysfunction: https://doi.org/10.7326/0003-4819-157-10-201211200-00004
5) Natural health products contaminated with Viagra: https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/article-abstract/196675
6) Mother denied transplant due to vaccination status: https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/no-jab-no-heart-mother-denied-transplant-due-to-vaccination-status/news-story/5580aca526744d15fe1a25e595ef7d76
7) Mpox in people with advanced HIV infection: https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(23)00273-8
8) CBC coverage of the mpox study: https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/15-per-cent-death-rate-severe-lesions-reported-in-patients-with-mpox-alongside-advanced-hiv-study-1.6756429
It’s Not Twitter, But It’ll Do:
1) Jonathan interviewed for Fast Company on the Liver King: https://www.fastcompany.com/90839190/liver-kings-fall-ancestral-living-need-a-new-dad
2) Jonathan writing about digital amnesia: https://www.mcgill.ca/oss/article/critical-thinking-technology/digital-amnesia-has-been-exaggerated
3) Jack Lawrence’s Skeptics in the Pub talk on ivermectin: https://youtu.be/1Nvp-zyLfaQ
4) Chris’ article on biotin: https://montrealgazette.com/opinion/columnists/christopher-labos-take-biotin-for-most-better-to-save-your-money